Volunteer Request Form
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY REQUEST FORM
|Our Mission Volunteer Resources leads the growth and development of the City of Surrey’s volunteer movement by:
• Continually diversifying the volunteer opportunities available to our community,
• Collaborating with our partners to improve current community engagement practices and tools,
• Providing training and resources to volunteers and those who work with them,
• Reaching out to our residents, and embracing the diversity represented in our city.
|Surrey Parks Eco-Ranger The Eco Rangers provide Surrey Park’s visitors with more meaningful park experiences by providing public education opportunities on natural and cultural history. Surrey is blessed with many beautiful natural area parks that provide homes and food for a great diversity of wildlife. The Eco Rangers will make others aware of the importance and value of the natural areas in their own community and the wildlife that need them for survival.
Skills and Experience
• Must be 16 years and older
• Have a keen interest in nature
• Willingness to learn
• Outgoing and Enthusiastic
• Fluent in English, second language is an asset
• Must attend all of the training sessions
Project Time Commitment
Time: Various times – both weekdays and weekends
When: During the summer months
Duration: Minimum of two 2-hour shifts per week
Location: Green Timbers Urban Forest Park, Sunnyside Acres Urban Forest Park, Blackie Spit Park and other nature parks in Surrey
Eco-Rangers will receive training on nature interpretation and public education skills and park orientations.
Benefits to the Volunteer
• Great opportunity to enhance public speaking
• Gain interpretation skills and environmental education skills
• Gain experience working with kids
• Receive training in plant and wildlife ecology in coastal British Columbia
• Receive future training opportunities on Interpretation with Surrey Parks
• Receive a letter of reference
• Fulfill CAPP hours
Environmental Stewardship Coordinator
Eco-Ranger Volunteers Request Form – PDF file
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!