NOW CLOSED. Thanks to everyone who applied.
Green Timbers Heritage Society
SNAP is a unique partnership between three local non-profit organizations and the City of Surrey. SNAP’s goals are to empower youth as future leaders in environmental conservation and education; to restore and enhance natural areas, wildlife habitat and Surrey’s urban forest; and to promote environmental stewardship and an understanding of nature’s benefits.
The SNAP Program Coordinator will supervise, administer and coordinate teams of students focused on: Habitat Restoration, Urban Forest Outreach, and Shade Tree Care.
- Assist with hiring summer students (secondary and post-secondary), including screening applications, interviewing candidates and checking references
- Provide leadership and guidance to Team Leaders
- Supervise, schedule, and prioritize work of multiple field-based teams
- Ensure work is completed safely and efficiently by assisting with training and conducting regular safety inspections
- Assist with program logistics (truck rentals, equipment, phones, etc.)
- Liaise with project partners to create work plans on an ongoing basis
- Lead meetings and deliver presentations to various community groups and committees
- Complete administrative duties such as payroll management and budget tracking
- Promote the SNAP program through local media and social media
- Assist with funding proposals and funding reports
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or two-year diploma program in Urban Forestry, Biology, Environmental Science, Resource Management, Environmental Studies or related discipline
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of ecological principles, and ability to identify native and invasive plants
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to perform repetitive, physical work in all weather
- Experience working with the public
- Experience working on a field-based crew, including the use of hand tools/hand power tools (including shovels, loppers, hand saws, brush saws, line trimmers) is an asset.
- Valid unrestricted BC Driver’s Licence
- Must have access to a personal vehicle (mileage expenses will be reimbursed)
- Valid Level 1 First Aid Certification will be required as a condition of employment.
- Completion of a Police Information Check will be required as a condition of employment.
Term: February – December, 2019
Schedule: Feb. – Sept.: 40 hours/week (Mon-Fri, with some weekend and evening work);
Sept. – Dec.: approx. 16 hours/week
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by January 18, 2019 via email to email@example.com